Thursday 4 July 2013

CDs and CVs

I was born when CD
Meant nothing more
Than a Roman number
For twenty score
When a bag of chips
Was just fast food
And we'd cut and paste
With scissors and glue

I was born in an age
When colour TV
Was a brown wooden panel
Around the screen
When remote control
Was the closest chair
And Sky at night
Meant watching the stars

I was born at a time
When writing CV
Meant one hundred and five
Not a list about me
When prepacked food
Was a sandwich and bun
Wrapped up in some foil
For the afternoon run

I was born in the days
When people had time
To talk face to face
And not just on line
When life wasn't filled
With time saving devices
And a mid-winter power cut
Was never a crisis

So where did we go wrong
With all our advances
When man's great inventions
Were meant to enhance us
The answer is simple
The warning is plain
We're building a tower
Like Babel again

No comments: